I’m trying something a little different on this blog so here are some links to various social and political issues that caught my eye along with a few comments of my own.
1. Ever wonder why Senate Majority Leader Democrat Harry Reid can get away saying the most outrageous things and not take a hit to his obvious lack of integrity. Historian Victor Davis Hanson explains why Reid is the new Joe McCarthy and then some.
2. Back in 1989 a gang of thugs raped and beat a young woman in New York’s Central Park and left her for dead. I remember the incident well as it was national headlines for quite some time. The gang became notorious for the use of the word “wilding” a word that basically meant going on a rampage which in this case meant rape and attempted murder. Here Anne Coulter explains how a liberal judge gave these thugs a pass and let them out early (very early). Apparently, there are barbarians on both sides of the law. They were known as the Central Park Five “Wolfpack.”
3. This link is a classic via Al Molher’s Briefing and a link to the liberal Slate ezine. The title of the article is Southern Baptists held a held a conference on sexuality. Every speaker was straight. My church is Southern Baptist but this kind of slamming goes on against any church that sticks to its values and beliefs. The author of this thoroughly stupid article is amazed that the Southern Baptists have not got on the LGBTQ bandwagon. He chastises the SBC for “repressive theology” and not wanting to hear from those who may be SBC and LGBTQ. Here’s what amazes me. If you don’t like your faith group, denomination, church, religion, whatever, then leave. There are plenty of groups around willing to tolerate just about anything. Find one that tickles your ears or your fancy. Quit trying to reform something you know nothing about and for Pete’s sake stop your infernal whining about repressive theology because frankly your progressive theology is repressive to those who do not share your agenda.
4. And as long as I’m on the subject of LGBTQ here’s a link to Al Mohler.com where Al thoroughly debunks Matthew Vine’s tortured Scripture twisting in God and the Gay Christian. It will be interesting to see how many churches that call themselves evangelical will cave to the nonsense Vines put forth in his book. Jesus’ parable about the wheat and tares comes to mind.
5. And because we all need a good laugh here’s one via Drudge and Jalopnik. It’s a naked guy (not obscene) doing Kung Fu from his Telsa. The article says that the incident took place along the Pacific Coast Highway. I wouldn’t think that kind of behavior is all that abnormal there.